- Esplanade Général Eisenhower - 14050 CAEN
- Tel: +33 (0)2 31 06 06 45
- Fax: +33 (0)2 31 06 01 66
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: www.memorial-caen.fr
Le Mémorial de Caen
Le Mémorial de Caen museum displays trace the tumultuous history of the 20th century, from the start of World War II to the end of the Cold War.
Caen was bombed in summer 1944 and became a “martyr city” during the Liberation. The city, therefore, deserved recognition for the suffering it endured. This homage was duly paid, in a spirit of reconciliation, the same spirit which guides all the Mémorial's activities.
This special aspect of the Mémorial guides visitors through each section of the museum, immersing them in the history of the 20th century.
New from July 2016, the "The Battle of Normandy: 100 days that changed the world" film enables visitors to relive 19 minutes of history and pure emotion. The Battle of Normandy as you’ve never seen it before!
Full price: 19.80€.
Reduced rate: 17€ (10-18 year olds, senior citizens, students: ID required).
Free: under-10s and veterans.
Family Pass: 51€ (Special family price for 2 adults and at least 1 child between the ages of 10 and 25 - includes any number of children).
- 01/01-23/01 inclusive: annual closure.
- 24/01-03/02/16: 9.30am-6pm (closed on Monday Jan 30th).
- 04/02-04/11/16: 9am-7pm.
- 05/11-31/12/16: 9.30am-6pm (closed on Mondays).
- Closed on 25/12 and 01/01/18.