This church, consecrated in 1689, is a typical example of the architecture of the Counter-Reform movement. Originally known as Sainte-Cathérine-des-Arts, it was closed to religious observance in 1762 when the Jesuit order was suppressed. It was returned to use as a church in 1802, becoming Notre Dame (Our Lady). Built on a basilican ground plan, it façade is heavily influenced by the church of Gesù in Rome. This church is the most well endowed in Caen for its furnishings, notably the high altar surmounted by a baldaquin from the Ladies' Abbey. The cupola over the transept crossing represents the glorification of Saint-Jean Eudes. Today the church is used for concerts provided by the Maitrise de Caen (boys' choir).