Abbaye aux Dames
Tél. : +33 (0)2 31 06 98 98
Fax : +33 (0)2 31 06 96 92
Formerly Saint-Louis Park and the property of the Regional Council of Lower Normandy, the Michel d’Ornano Park has been open to the public since 1992. Its six hectares were redesigned by the landscape artist Michel Bourne based on 18th century plans, and in particular on the "Plan of the Royal Holy Trinity Abbey of Caen”, dating back to 1774.
The majestic axial perspective, the French-style beds, the balance between the green borders and the wooded areas, as well as the rectilinear pathways lined with old lime trees, which frame the ensemble, are the ideal complement to the classical architecture of the Abbaye aux Dames.
- Entrée libre et gratuite